Renew Your Membership
Renewing your membership subscription with the IFA couldn’t be easier with various methods to renew to suit your preference.
Please make sure you keep your membership registration up-to-date by taking the following steps:
- Check the date you are registered until, which is displayed on your membership card and membership confirmation letter.
- Make sure the IFA has your current email address.
- Check your inbox for IFA renewal reminder emails.
- Check your inbox and spam folders for reminder emails.
- If you haven’t already, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list to avoid emails going to junk or spam folder and missing out on any updates or reminders.
All members will receive written notification inviting them to renew.
- An automated email reminder will be sent to you 30 days ahead of your registration expiry date and also a second reminder 7 days before your membership expires.
- If you do not wish to renew your membership with the IFA you will need to confirm this in writing to the IFA so that your email can be removed from our mailing list and update our database, so you will no longer receive future correspondence.
- Similarly, if you wish to downgrade your category of membership to a friend member as you are know longer practising you will need to confirm this in writing to the IFA.
How do I renew?
To renew your registration online please follow these simple steps:
- Once you receive the renewal reminder, login into the members areas of the website and click on the link to the digital online renewal form in the notification.
- Confirm your current details (displayed on the IFA register) and confirm your billing information and pay the renewal fee through the website.
- If you have forgotten your password please enter your membership number here and click ‘forgot password’. Then enter your email address. A link to reset your password will be sent to your email. The email address you enter must be the same email address we hold for you on our system and which was used to set up your online account.
- If you encounter any problems please do contact the office.
- By renewing online, you will have the added benefit of automatically receiving a WorldPay receipt for your accounts and can download the logos pertaining to your category(s) of membership on completion.
or Complete Microsoft Word Membership Renewal Form
If you are not computer savvy or wish to renew earlier, you can renew by downloading and completing the renewal form here:
Provide your bank details on the form - this can be sent by return email which will be deleted after being printed or provided by post.
Provide your bank details by telephone - which will not be stored.
Provide a cheque - Please note, if you send a cheque additional time will be added before you receive confirmation of your renewal until the cheque clears.
Do a Bank Transfer – Please mark on the form so we can provide you with our bank details. Once received please inform us of the date the bank transfer was made and when making payment include your full name and IFA membership number as the reference. Please note bank tranfers outside the UK will be required to pay a £20.00 bank transfer fee charge in addition to the subscription fee.
Pay by Paypal
- If you would like to pay by paypal then you will need to tick this option on the form.
- A 5% fee is added to the subscription fee stated to pay via this method.
- If you have selected this option you will need to state your paypal email address in the space provided on the form.
- The IFA will then send a paypal invoice to the email provided including the 5% service charge.
Please note whichever payment method you choose you must complete a renewal form.
The renewal form will ask you to reaffirm your declarations that:
- You do not have a conviction or conditional caution that is unspent or will have declared these to the IFA to be considered before proceeding with your renewal.
- You have not been subject to any disciplinary or civil proceedings brought against you in relation to your practice or will declared these to the IFA to be considered before proceeding with your renewal.
- You do not have any health issues that may impact your ability to practice.
- You hold professional indemnity insurance to practice and/or another policy consistent with the rules of your country of residence. You will have declared any successful claims made against your insurance to the IFA to be considered before proceeding with your renewal.
- You hold a valid first aid certificate or are exempt from this requirement as per the IFA's First Aid Exemption Policy.
- You will provide evidence, of having gained 12 CPD points for the previous year upon request.
And confirm you will continue to comply with:
- Code of Conduct, Ethics and Practice
- Continual Professional Development Policy
- Terms and Conditions of Membership
The amount payable will be stipulated on the renewal form. If you hold more than one IFA qualification/practitioner membership and wish to appear under more than one register e.g. FULL + PEOT you will duly receive the discounted membership rate for both entries as per the IFA’s membership fee schedule.
By renewing with the IFA it allows you to continue to access our professional supportive network, be kept informed of the latest changes and developments in the field that affect your work and supplementary guidance, as well as receiving a vast array of additional benefits. Importantly, IFA registration reassures the public that you uphold high professional standards of practice in your work, which builds trust and confidence with clients, the public and healthcare providers. For more information click here.
What Happens if I dont renew?
If you do NOT renew, you will no longer be able to:
- Use the IFA Quality Mark and you must remove the IFA Quality Mark from your website and all publicity materials to avoid allegations of mis-representation and listing on misuse or abuse of IFA status register.
- Your entry will be removed from the IFA public register
- You will no longer belong to the IFA Accredited Register
- You will no longer be eligible to apply for jobs requiring IFA registration
- You will no longer be able to access the IFA’s members area
- You will no longer have access to the wide range of benefits available to IFA registered members only.