The contents of Aromatree are as follows:
- What is aromatherapy?
- The language of plants
- Understanding the aromatree
- The aromatree (This chapter is the heart and soul of the book. It has a detailed section for each part of the aromatree – roots and rhizomes, wood, resin, fruit, seeds, leaves and flowers). In each part of the aromatree we examine the patterns and relationships that exist in relation to the following: essential oils, plant families, aroma, botany, mythology and symbolism, other uses, chemistry, properties, body, mind, personality, energetics, subtle, skincare, blending and safety.
- Some challenging essential oils
- How to use essential oils
- Appendix 1: List of essential oils
- Appendix 2: Glossary
- Appendix 3: Essential oil chemistry
- Appendix 4: Properties of essential oils
- Appendix 5: Summary of cautions and contraindications
- Appendix 6: Aromatherapy therapeutic index