The IFA can provide new and experienced authors with a book review service, provided it meets the requirements below:
Books reviews published by the IFA or books put forward for review must strictly relate to:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Business and Marketing Advice specifically for CAM practitioners
- Essential Oils
The IFA regularly review books for Jessica Kingsley Publishers and Singing Dragon, therefore due to a high volume of requests we are unable to review any books that fall outside of this remit. Your publisher will usually send a copy to the IFA head office, however self-published authors may also submit a copy to the IFA.
Procedure for Review
- Firstly please send a copy for review in hard copy to the IFA head office. If your book is in electronic e book format please also print out a copy and send in the post.
- Books for review will be distributed to one of a team of reviewers with particular fields of specialism
- Book reviewers will not be an author themselves to avoid any conflict of interest
- Book reviewers will not allow personal preference or bias to influence their review
- Book reviews can take from 3 months to 12 months to complete dependent on size of the book and availability of reviewer(s)
- Book reviews will be formed upon reading the book in its entirety
- Book reviews may vary in length but as a general rule are usually not more than 600 words
- Book reviews will be cited as reviewed by ‘reviewer name – On behalf of the International Federation of Aromatherapists’
- Book reviews may appear on the IFA blog
- Authors will be informed if their review appears on the IFA blog. If the Journal Committee accepts the review it will also appear in the Aromatherapy Times.
Please note the IFA receives a high volume of books for review and they will be prioritised by date received order.