It is a mandatory requirement for IFA registrants to hold public liability insurance whilst practising, which must be purchased separately to their membership and proof provided at registration and annual renewal.
The IFA Member Discounted Insurance Scheme
The IFA Public Liability and Medical Malpractice scheme has been designed specifically for IFA registrants. The aim of the scheme is to provide market leading cover at the best available cost. This can be purchased through our recommended independent insurance broker the Alan Boswell Group.
Alan Boswell Group is an independent chartered insurance broker. The cover they provide for complementary therapists has been specifically designed to provide comprehensive protection against an allegation of medical malpractice. The group are set apart by its exceptional standards of personal service and many accolades including being named 2015 ‘Independent Broker of the Year’ by Insurance Times. The brokers exceptional levels of customer service have been recognised by its customers awarding the company with a services score of 98% through independent review site Feefo.
The Insurance scheme includes:
- £5 million limit of indemnity for Public and Products Liability and Malpractice.
- Errors and Omissions cover up to £5m where treatment risk is covered
- Coverage of Additional Therapies.
- Very wide description of ‘trade’ – includes presentations, exhibitions, workshops and the like, plus so called “good Samaritans” actions.
- Written on a ‘Claims Occurring’ basis meaning policy covers claims that occur during the policy period irrespective of when the claim is made.
- Basic beauty cover has been included for pedicures, sugaring, manicures, facials, body wraps, scrubs, exfoliation – other beauty therapies may be charged at a higher rate.
- Full legal expenses cover including 24 hour helpline for more details click here.
Full details of cover can be found here click here.
Cover can be purchased on line so cover is automatically in place once the premium is paid and documentation is emailed within minutes of purchase.
For IFA postgraduate members it is £60.49 per annum and for students £40.69 per annum. Please note this package is only available to current IFA registrants. If you do take out this insurance package and do not update your IFA membership within 28 days your insurance will be invalid and you will be charged at the higher rate.
For any queries please contact Tom Head or his team on 01603 649725
Alan Boswell Group do not cover insurance in Europe. We recommend therefore that you contact:
BGI www.bgi.uk.com (they cover complementary therapy but do not provide legal cover)