IFA Aromacare Teacher Training and Assessing Award
Guided Learning Hours: 16
Delivery: Over 2 consecutive days
Self Study Hours: 16 - 36
Location: Varies (Please enquire)
Prerequisite: IFA Full Membership (minimum of 2 years)
The Aromacare Carer Course is a dynamic course to teach and extremely rewarding. It caters for a niche market making it a highly sought after course. Such is the flexibility of the course that no person or place of care is excluded. During your teacher training you may have already decided which care setting you wish to introduce the course into or simply wish to teach the course to others so that your students may decide for themselves. The short duration of the course (5 days) means it can be taught simultaneously throughout the year. Given the audience the course attracts, a lot of centre owners seek sponsorship for some candidates from their local council and community drawing attention to their clinic in the press. Additional teacher status has enabled many of our graduates to work in the NHS and hospices as consultants and project leaders. Undertaking the teacher training course is essential to being able to adapt to the multitude of environments and learners you will encounter.
The IFA Aromacare Teacher, Training and Assessing Award is suitable for those who intend to become an IFA Aromacare teacher and register as or at an IFA approved centre.
What does the course cover?
The course is delivered interactively with ‘role playing’ and various exercises to help you produce teaching material and lessons in Aromacare and will:
- Enable learners to create optimum learning environments in which learners can learn more effectively
- Enable learners to produce appropriate resources that enhances the learner’s experience
- Enable learners to identify principles of learning, teaching, assessment and evaluation
- Enable learners to demonstrate effective communication and inter-personal skills
- Enable learners to obtain an increased awareness of their professional role
- Enable learners to manage a group of adults and resolve classroom problems
- Enable learners to understand the application of special needs in the classroom and equal opportunity
What could this qualification lead to?
Part of the assessment criteria for this award is to create your own teaching notes to deliver the IFA Aromacare Carer's Certificate Course, and on completion you will automatically be eligible to apply for IFA Principal Teacher status and/or to become an IFA approved course provider.
Approved Centre start up fees:
- £275.00: Includes IFA Aromacare Principal Teacher Status and IFA Training Provider Status
- £200.00: Inspection of teaching venue (one off fee)
- £10.00: Carer Membership for the principal teacher to upgrade to Full & Carer membership (annual fee)
- £150.00: Training Provider annual registration fee
- £90.00: Full Membership £80 + Carer Membership £10 (£35 - 60% discount) for principal teacher
- £50.00: Student fee (includes Manual and Membership per student)
- £150.00 Assessment fee in the UK (up to 16 students). £500.00 Assessment fee outside of UK (up to 16 students), due to translation, travel etc.)
This course is a wonderful addition to current course providers and a great opportunity for members who wish to enter the realms of teaching. The teacher training course gives candidates the opportunity and confidence to learn how to deliver the course, gain an understanding of how to work with those less able and go onto make a difference in their local community as well as starting a new business venture.
Who supports this qualification?
This qualification was created and is regulated by the International Federation of Aromatherapists (IFA).
Language of Course
The course will be conducted in English, however interpreters will be acquired by the IFA where need is demonstrated.
When will i get my results after the submission of coursework?
Results are issued up to 3 months after the date of the course.
Course dates and location
Course dates and locations will be announced on the IFA website. One-to-one tuition may also be possible but the course tutors travel and accommodation expenses would be in addition to the training fees. To register your interest please complete the form below, which the IFA will take into consideration when scheduling future dates and venues.